As Quality Engineer you are responsible for the root cause analysis of electrical/electronic problems from product field returns and root cause analysis of electrical/electronic problems at customer sites. In this role you will be leading cross functional research projects to improve product quality and revising/implementing quality systems tools to be used by the global organization. You will work with our Research & Development team in Northern America, the global business units and our overseas manufacturing facility to implement the changes/improvements and to report the root cause of field issues. You will be responsible for managing the data and reporting this information. The Quality Engineer reports to the HQ Quality Manager/Engineering Manager in the U.S.
The ideal candidate?
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering or other Science/Technical Engineering.
- At least two to four years relevant experience,
preferably in product design engineering, quality
engineering or related engineering experience.
- Experience working with Technical Support and Quality
departments to troubleshoot and document issues.
- Experience and or knowledge of embedded control
systems and both AC and DC motor drive systems.
- Experience with product test plan development and management.
- Experience with network hardware, setup and/
or TV tuner signal analysis is a plus.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft office
products; Word, Excel, and Outlook in particular.
- Ability and willingness to travel within
Europe and to the USA for training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
skills – technical writing experience is a plus
- Ability to work well with numerous diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to manage projects to completion and lead
problem solving teams to solve issues.
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous
and often changing environment.
- Multilingual preferred (English and/
or German, French, Italian, Dutch).